Food Establishment Manager
Hygiene & Sanitation : Food Establishment Manager (MAPAQ)
Length : 12 hours
Food safety is an essential element in the sound operation of establishments that are part of the biofood chain. It is the responsibility of every link in this chain to ensure that its foods are prepared safely. The application of simple precautions can prevent food poisoning and food-borne infections and protect consumers’ health.
Every operator of an establishment that prepares food must ensure that one or more of its employees are trained in and maintain food hygiene and food safety.
Obtaining this certification is a legal obligation for anyone who operates a food establishment. For more details, visit the MAPAQ website.
Maintain a prevention and control system to guarantee food safety:
- Analyze at-risk situations in your establishment
- Implement procedures to manage risks more effectively
- Take necessary action quickly to correct non-compliance
- Ensure that staff are trained in the rules of food hygiene and food safety
- Be familiar with the skills that food handlers must have
This course lets participants obtain official certification from MAPAQ (the Québec ministry for agriculture, fisheries and food). MAPAQ will send the certificates directly to the participants by postal mail a few weeks after they pass the exam.
Obtaining this certification is a legal obligation for anyone who operates a food establishment.
- Temperatures for storing foods
- Work methods for avoiding food contamination
- General principles of hygiene that apply to anyone who comes in contact with food or with materials or equipment that are in contact with food
- Procedures for cleaning, sanitizing and disinfecting materials and equipment
- Environmental sources of food contamination
- Microbiological, physical and chemical risks related to food hygiene and food safety
- Food provenance
- Food labelling
- Analyzing and assessing risks (hazard assessment)
- Risk management (implementing appropriate controls and procedures and taking corrective action when necessary)
- Legal and regulatory standards regarding food hygiene and food safety
- Developing continuing-education activities on food hygiene and food safety