Respect and civility IN THE WORKPLACE
PREVENTION OF HARASSMENT
Length : 3 hours
This course is intended for workers who play supervisory or managerial roles. Its purpose is to let these workers understand what does and does not constitute harassment and enable them to identify situations that may pose risks or pitfalls for supervisors to avoid. The legal aspects of harassment in the workplace will also be covered.
This course is intended for anyone who plays a supervisory or managerial role.
Demystify what workplace harassment is so that participants can prevent and manage it. When participants have completed this course, they will be able to:
- Identify what harassment is and what it is not;
- Differentiate psychological harassment, sexual harassment, discrimination and violence in the workplace;
- Understand the consequences of harassment for victims and for the production;
- Apply strategies for preventing and managing harassment;
- Embrace the concepts of respect and civility in the workplace.
To register for this course, send an e-mail to email@example.com.